Friday, April 27, 2007

MY BEST FRIEND

This is a short, rather bad attempt at poetry I made for Chweetu.

On 27th October, I met you, my friend
Who knew everything I felt
You knew my every weakness
And the problems I've been dealt

You understood my wonders
And listened to my dreams
You related to how I felt about life and love
And knew what it all means

Then I proceeded to hold your hand
Amidst mosquitoes, one night at the stair
‘Can I see your lines?’ I fondly asked
You obliged, in my embarrassing despair

Not once did you interrupt me
Or tell me I was wrong
You understood what I was going through
And promised you'd stay long

As time passed, we understood each other
You and I had so many secrets to tell
About our families, friends and life in general
And why orkut fraandshippers must go to hell!

I reached out to you, my special buddy
And showed you that I care
To pull you close and let you know
How much I need you there

With you, Chweetu, I felt very rich
Not because you are a turn-on
But whenever I felt stumpy or depressed
I had your shoulder to lean upon

I realized my pranks, comments and opinions
Has been a cause of pain
But amidst my deep, solemn regret
Together we’ve had so much to gain

I'd like to be the sort of friend that
you have been to me
I'd like to be the help that
you've been always glad to be

I'd like to mean as much to you
Each minute of the day
As you have meant, these past few months
To me all along the way

I'd like to do the big things and
the splendid things for you
And support you in your journalistic life
Along with your English and G.K too!

I’d love to tell you those kindly things
That I so often have heard
Irrespective of the fact that I never bathe
And have uncouth hair and a beard

I'd like to give you back the joy
that you have given me
Yet that were wishing you a need
I hope will never be

Memories send a tear down my brow,
Especially the ones beside the lake
Also, the one when I missed tiffin once,
And you bought me a Monginis cake!

In all my laziness, I try my best
But I wish I could but repay
A portion of the gladness that
You've strewn along my way

I know my academics are in the dogs
Life is fucked as fucked can be
But there’s one wish, that’s all I ask
Is that you be here with me

Always remember, I’ll be here forever
You know this friendship is true
Coz I’m convinced that the person beside me
Is no one else but YOU!

And to end this rhyme, on a lighter note
I know my poetic skills are in a mess
But trust me Chweetu, what I feel for you
Is something words can’t express!

Yes, it seems very plagiarized. But then, I didn't want it to be a lame one.

2 comments:

Anirrban said...

Wow... I am so speechless! Its an extremely well written, thought and felt poem for rahi... rahi.. i dunno y u r gettin worried... it comes across as a avery honest attempt from Rajat's side to pen down his feelings... Very very well written...

Rajat, I havnt met u yet... but wud surely like to meet you some day, if not for knowing u better, then atleast to re-check whether the Rahila u r refering too...is the same silly one i know! hehe...

Aditi Rawat said...

sweet.. very well written :)